Lake Champlain Access Television is currently hiring for the following position:
LCATV FIELD PRODUCER
Field Producers are responsible for the video and audio recording of community meetings and events in our eight member towns (Colchester, Milton, Georgia, Fairfax, Westford, South Hero,
Grand Isle, and North Hero). This includes independently organizing, transporting, and operating the equipment needed for each assignment. Compensation starts at $16.00 per hour. Mileage reimbursement at the IRS’s standard mileage rate is provided.
- Attend and capture regularly scheduled production assignments, including meetings, and special production assignments as available.
- Assess and allocate the equipment needed for each assignment and possess the ability to manually operate that equipment and troubleshoot and resolve minor technical and mechanical issues.
- Maintain general knowledge of videography aesthetics and audio recording.
- With training, learn new equipment and systems.
- Provide support for multi-camera productions.
- Provide post-production support on special projects as needed and when available.
- Submit and manage produced programming in accordance with LCATV procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of: media production systems; community television operations; computer operations.
- Skills and abilities: Oral communications; organization; project management; a track record of working with diverse individuals and groups.
- Prolonged periods of computer work, including typing at a keyboard.
- Ability to move equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and hold a video camera weighing up to 10 pounds for a prolonged period of time.
- A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Travel via personal vehicle is required.
- Availability during evening hours and some weekends.
- Employment is contingent on a background check.
To apply, complete the application form below and return to Co-Production Manager Buddy Meilleur.